11.13.2014

These 2...

Love God.
Love People.
The End.
From what I can tell, the books that make up the Bible and the content therein pretty much point to these 2 things.

Loving God... relationship with Him.

Loving People... relationship with others.

Granted there is A LOT of content in those pages to not be ignored!  YES!  I must immerse myself in it to learn how to do those 2 things the way that God intends.  To learn who He is.  To learn who I am.  To learn who I am to be to others.

But so many of the theologies in my head can tend to get in the way if I'm not first making sure that building and pressing into the relationship is there.

With Him.
With Others.


Matthew 22:36-40
(NLT) “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”  Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

(MSG) “Teacher, which command in God’s Law is the most important?" Jesus said, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ These two commands are pegs; everything in God’s Law and the Prophets hangs from them.” 

Sometimes I make it way more complicated that it needs to be!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~