12.17.2014

Mary's Journal Entry 13: Murder of Boys

Previously in this series:
Mary's Journal Entries:
Introduction 1:The Announcement;  2:Elizabeth Visit;  3:Return Home from Elizabeth;  4:After Telling Joseph;  5:Joseph's Revelation;  6:Planning for a Trip;  7:Traveling to Bethlehem8: Arrival In Bethlehem  9: He's Here!!  10: Visitors in the Night   11. Visit to the Temple   12. Running to Egypt

The following as if journaled from the perspective of Mary, the mother of Jesus...
~~~~~ 

My heart is so very heavy.  We have made it safely to Egypt and yet my heart bears the burdens of so many other young mom’s.   I can’t even begin to imagine what they are experiencing at this moment.  I barely let my mind wander to imagine where they find themselves.  It is much too overwhelming for me, and yet for some… it is their reality.  Words don't even seem adequate to describe what my heart is wrestling with.

Word has reached us that King Herod has sent out a decree.  In an attempt to kill my Jesus, all boys 2 years old and under in Bethlehem and the vicinity are being murdered.  No questions, no reasoning, no debating, no hope.  Boys being taken from the arms of their mothers.  No mercy… no justice.  An entire town in utter devastation and mourning… grief stricken beyond belief.  


My mind remembers the words of the prophet Jeremiah: "A sound was heard in Ramah, weeping and much lament.  Rachel weeping for her children, Rachel refusing all solace, Her children gone, dead and buried."

Jehovah, I pray you be my provider of comfort in this moment.  No, rather, be the provider of comfort for every mother that tonight mourns the life of her child and forever has images of his death in her mind.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~