4.24.2015

Aroma of Heaven

I don't know about you, but I am always up for a lovely scent. I am a scented candle burner. I am a potpourri displayer. I enjoy generating warm, inviting, relaxing and soothing aroma's in my home.

Did you know that evidently sweet scents are created in the heavenly realms? Revelation speaks of angels and heavenly beings holding incense and praising God.

I was amazed at what generates the smell of the incense that is burned. Perhaps you will be somewhat surprised as well. Since I have learned of this, I have been challenged to make sure I contribute more often.


Revelation 5:8 (NLT) "They held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people."

Revelation 8:3-4 (NLT) "And a great amount of incense was given to him to mix with the prayers of God’s people as an offering on the gold altar before the throne. The smoke of the incense, mixed with the prayers of God’s holy people, ascended up to God from the altar where the angel had poured them out."

Revelation 8:3-4 (Message)"He (angel) was given a great quantity of incense so that he could offer up the prayers of all the holy people of God on the Golden A
ltar before the Throne. Smoke billowed up from the incense-laced prayers of the holy ones, rose before God from the hand of the Angel."

Now one might want to argue and say that since this is in Revelation, it is not happening at this time. Regardless of whether it is occurring now... or will happen in the future... the prayers of God's people will be incense-laced and filling bowls on the altar before the throne.

Regardless of timing, I want to be sure I'm a part of it!

How much am I contributing to the aroma in the heavenly realms? Do I offer only a few prayers that leave just a moment of a smell with more to be desired? Or am I one of the long lasting and burning candles that will provide scent for hours?

What about you?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~