8.19.2015

When Your Efforts Seem Useless

Have you ever felt like something you were doing or had done was useless?  Have you ever wondered if you were wasting your time, energy, and strength on something that didn't even matter? 

Recently I have been encountering a couple of different situations that left me with those same type of feelings. 

I have been sharing my mornings the last few weeks with Isaiah.  As my personal feelings of discouragement were increasing, he reminded me that he had felt the same way.  And then he shared with me what he did in his own moments such as these...

"I (Isaiah) replied, 'But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. Yet I leave it all in the Lord’s hand; I will trust God for my reward.'”  ~Isaiah 49:4

 And just a couple days after Isaiah modeled his response for me in this way, Paul encouraged me with the following:

My dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."   ~I Cor. 15:58

And so I move forward with a renewed sense of purpose and hope.  Just as Isaiah reasoned and determined, I want to do the same.


Regardless of whether I think a difference is even being made in what He has called me to... the results and reward for my obedience are competely up to Him and in His hands!  And so I trust completely.

Believing that He is working for His purposes and His glory... even when I can't see it!

Be encouraged today!  God sees and does not count it useless!  Leave it all in God's hands and trust Him for His reward!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~