4.25.2016

Seasons

Once again it has been some time since I have been able to come and be in this place.  There was a time in the past that I would feel the need to apologize and rationalize my absence.  And yet, the irony strikes me that it has the name "quiet corner".  I have found that sometimes I need to be even more quiet than what this little corner of the world will allow.

I have also come to understand, and am learning in increasing measure, the lessons and lifestyle of "seasons".  There was a time that I felt to make a change, to have something be different than I had planned, vocalized, or even put plans into place for was negative.  A sign that perhaps I was losing my mind.

But now...I have discovered and am learning that seasons and change should be expected.  That maybe to change and have new seasons is the "normal."
"Maybe our normal is so subnormal that normal seems abnormal.  Maybe we need a new normal.  Bold prayers and big dreams are normal.  Anything less is subnormal. " ~M. Batterson


Various seasons and change represent newness.  Growth.  Rest.



I have also come to be at peace with the fact that to have changing "life seasons" is even biblical!

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.  A time to ....... and a time to....... "   (see Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

In fact, God created the world with seasons.  Same... but different.  And when we are nearing the end of one season, instead of complete dread, apprehension, or anxiety... we wait, almost longingly and expectantly, for the next season.


Why would I not also do that in my life?  When a change is coming... eagerly anticipate knowing He has something in it and it is for my good.  Knowing that He will meet me there.


And so, it appears that I may have opportunity to find myself back in this place on a more regular basis once again.

At least for this next season......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and chat. I enjoy the presence of you!
~~~~~